Friday, March 2, 2012

Valentine's - Year 3 of Burnin' Love

As we are about to move, Valentine's Day wasn't as eventful as it has been in the past. But it was PERFECT still. I made omelets for breakfast (Kase's favorite) and an Italian dish for dinner. I would've loved to make lasagna (another of Kase's favorites) but I didn't see the need to go buy more groceries while we are trying to use the ones we have. Funds are also a little low right now (contributing to the low cost Valentine's Day), but Italian Food says Romantic to me, so I had to make something Italian. I made this Sausage Pasta dish we've had before and really like - it turned out great! We also did chocolate fondue - a tradition from the past 3 years. Actually, I ate the fondue - Kase had ice cream.

I gave him a coupon from my BYU agenda to go get me a free flower for Valentine's Day, so, being the obedient man he is, he did. And wrote a cute note on it.



And Kase, being the thoughtful, creative, man he is, did another heart on fire for me! The third year in a row! The first year we were dating, he stuck sparklers in the ground in the shape of a heart with an arrow going through it, soaked string in gas and put it on top of the sparklers, lining the heart. He stuck the sparklers in the ground with his creations and hid it behind some building (government building, as a matter of fact). So we walked over after a wonderful Italian dinner, I closed my eyes while he arranged a few things, and when I opened he lit one end of the string on the heart. It went around the entire heart, lighting each of the sparklers. Worked perfectly!
YEAR 1


 2010

Last year was the amazing marriage proposal. Technically on February 11th, but that was his Valentine's Day gift to me. Here are a few screen shots of the youtube video. Explanation on the previous post:
YEAR 2



 
 THE PROPOSAL 2011

And this years more simple but also creative heart on fire. Done with a hanger, toilet paper, and hairspray:
YEAR 3



2012

What an enjoyable 3 years of burnin' love!