Monday, July 14, 2014

Sunday Funday!

So the first day on the cruise was "Sunday Funday!" Meaning, we were on the boat all day as we travelled to our first destination. I still remember Dad telling us that as he and the Hales were sitting around the table (the Hales are or WERE :) living with mom & dad while their new house was being built) and the Hales kids were asking what us adults on the cruise were going to do about church on Sunday & the Sabbath Day. This is just what I remember from what Dad said - so I'm sorry Makala if this is wrong, haha. Anyway, Makala & James told their kid we would do some type of church on our own, and dad chimes in and says something like: Church? It's called Sunday Funday! Hahahaha. Kase made the comment that James & Makala probably can't get out of there fast enough. It's nice to have a Grandpa to stir the pot a little :) Easy for me to say though, haha. That still makes me laugh.

So had a little church/devotional service in the morning. Some pics:



 Cute, Dave :)

What we did was that we each went around and told of a time that we knew that our Heavenly Father was present in our lives (something like that...). It was so nice to hear everyone's thoughts and insight.




We spent time that day just hanging out. Some of us (the younger ones) laid out & caught some rays. It was so nice and relaxing.

 We had a really fun time that evening on the deck, just sharing stories and having some good laughs. I shared the story about being a little nervous to meet mom & dad for the first time when Kase and I were dating due to all the Kase had told me about "growing up" & "the way things were" & his stalwart mom, as well as hearing Jen's transition into the family from her...yikes! So anyway, I obviously really liked Kase and wanted to make a good impression, right? Background info: the girls in Kase's family were not allowed to be cheerleaders in high school. Maybe because of the uniform & the rep that comes with it? Not exactly sure...Kase doesn't really know either, haha. I LOVED being one. And as another side note, I've told Kase that that won't be a rule in our future family. Ok anyway...so I'm going to meet his family (the ones I hadn't met yet - everyone except Dax, Jen & Vard) for the first time when his sister is in a Junior Miss Pageant at school. We get in at like 5am. Basically right as everyone is waking up as right around when people are sitting down for breakfast. Taneil was also in town (she was living in Nebraska at the time). I'm not sure why just about all the sisters were there - probably helping Laryn. And lucky me I guessed some of their names just by seeing them - I tried to do a little picture studying :) I mean...there are A LOT of them. So anyway, we sit down to dinner and literally the first thing said after the blessing is from Vard, stating, "Ok let's just get it out there right now...Brielle was a cheerleader in high school." Silence. Then mom says, "Well, there are worse things." Haha I wasn't quite sure what that was supposed to mean. But how could he do that to me? Haha it was actually quite entertaining. But at the same time I wasn't quite sure what to do...haha. Then after breakfast everyone that was in the car with us is going back to sleep but I decided to stay up and help mom with dishes. Maybe trying to redeem myself a little, haha. I remember her asking me to "drain" the dishes. I was racking my head...drain...drain...drain...what could that possibly mean? My definition of drain didn't match what it appeared as though  I was supposed to be doing. So I just asked her what that meant, haha. She said, "Oh, you must've grown up with a dishwasher." I was wondering in the back of my head if I was supposed to feel bad for that too...haha. But no, I knew she didn't mean it that way. Anyway, those were my first experiences with my family-to-be! I thoroughly enjoyed ALL stories shared - I think I heard some new ones about Kase. There is always some story to be told about him, I swear. & I love it!


Yay for Sunday Funday!

No comments:

Post a Comment