Monday, July 14, 2014

Christmas Came Early!

Christmas came early for me this year (2012....)!!! We’ve had the Wells Family Cruise planned for the week before Christmas since this past summer and then we’re headed to Dallas right after, so we (or I) wouldn’t be around Flagstaff at all around Christmas time. So my WONDERFUL husband gave me an early present :) Total surprise.
So we were needing a new blender. Kase had been on a smoothie diet (one he made up – basically just drinking fruit/vegetable smoothies instead of a meal) before the cruise, trying to slim down. It worked well! He did great! But our blender is one that I had since college and just some cheap, regular blender. An Oster. It was starting to die on us, so Kase was thinking we needed a new blender. We called Jen because she always tends to know good deals on nice kitchen machines but she hadn’t heard of any for blenders. She did, however, find the cheapest price for Bosch mixers that she had seen for the past 5 or 7 years or however long. So they were investing in one of those this year. It wasn’t a huge sale (free shipping, no tax, like $20 cheaper and it came with more accessories was the deal, I believe), but since they don’t really go on sale, any sale is good. So that was nice and very helpful!
Well Kase got much more involved than I did. We knew that Dax and/or Jen’s research was going to be better and more thorough than ours, so we should probably jump on this deal as well. I looked into refurbished a little, but we never really came to any conclusion. At one point I mentioned that I thought we should just do it, since it seemed like a good idea. Kase wanted me to call and see if they had any left. I told him that of course they have some left – I wasn’t going to call. And then the conversation ended.
And much to my surprise, this showed up on our “Christmas morning!” 

Kase is so cute. I could tell when I woke up that something was different – the fireplace was on & I think there was another dim light on. I walked into the living room and saw the wrapped boxes sitting in front of the fireplace. The sticker on the big box said something about kneading. Then I was pretty sure I knew what it was, and was walking around the house all antsy wanting to wake Kase up so I could open it. I finally just went in and woke him up. He was a good sport – his excitement aided in that :) So fun!

How fun is he with this note?
           

Infamous Romney concentration face....

I love it I love it I love it!

He had Ben pay for it with his credit card so I wouldn’t see it on our expenses, so we just wrote him a check for the amount. He also had it shipped to Ben’s house, so Ben then brought it to work the day before I got it, so I guess Kase pulled it out of the trunk after I had gone to bed. Kase is so good at surprises. I love it! I guess Kase got one of the last 2 available! I think he wanted me to call and see if they had more so that they would tell me they didn’t have any more left (he had already ordered mine) and then I wouldn’t be on to the surprise. But I didn’t. It doesn’t matter anyway – I’m super oblivious to any planning or surprises going on around me.

 I did tell him that I wouldn’t be using it for awhile, since we were about to move and we had plenty of frozen bread we needed to use up before then. I believe he was a little more excited about it than I was, which is hard to believe. 

Comments from the family: Vard said that just because we don't have kids yet, we can't just make up our own Christmas morning. False. Dave said something along the lines of how it doesn’t seem like a nice gift if I’m expected to do something with it now. After Kase whipped it open and used it for the first time (yes, he used it first…multiple times) and made some homemade hamburger buns, I told Dave that I understood why he wanted me to have it – white bread. Totally.
Guess I should tell the white bread story real quick. I told Kase that back when I was a sophomore in high school, I realized that all the guys there in Dallas liked women with curves. I am the farthest thing from a woman with curves, probably more so back then. But I heard that bread goes straight to your hips, so I made an effort to eat more bread. So Kase relayed this message to some guys on the BYU Football team that he was lifting with one morning (he was in a BYU Football early morning lifting class the first semester we were dating – not sure how the story came up) and they thought it was hilarious. I met these guys later during some intramural basketball games or something – it was totally unintentional. As we were walking away, I guess Kase said that one of the guys (they are black, which makes the story even better) was checking out my backside. He then nodded his head, and said, “white bread” in approval. Hilarious – we both loved it. I know that in reality the white bread didn’t help at all, but he made me feel good :) Dave loves that story.

No comments:

Post a Comment