After my parents took Bryce and Brooke to school in Utah,
they came to AZ and hung out in Mesa. They picked us up from our return flight
from Washington (in Phoenix) and took us straight to Flag. They brought some
things to help decorate our house. So nice. She gave me this quilt/ bed set
that works perfect on our bed, and took me Walmart/BBB to decorate our
bathroom. It needed some “sprucing up.” Agreed, I just didn’t see the point in
decorating something so temporary, when I’d rather put that money towards
decorating a HOUSE. So, she just bought it all. I kept thanking her and she
kept saying, “that’s what mom’s are for!” I’ll take it :) She brought me a lot of
childhood stuff, China, and dishes she was getting rid of. It was her “moving
back in” clean out, I guess. And we were some lucky recipients.
My mom bought this quilt/bedspread in Mexico and never got a chance to use it. So cute! Kase's grandpa made the headboard and dressers. Kase does not like throw pillows, apparently. He had my mom promise we would only have 1. So, there you go.
Our shower curtain before was just the clear plastic.....clearly newlyweds :)
We already had the cabinet thing, but she did the toilet cover and towel
There was a cute little countertop area but I didn’t take a
picture because I wanted to put a picture in the frame and hang it….then take a
picture of the final product. Never happened. So one of the best parts isn’t
even pictured.
Luckily, moms are for SOOOO many more important things than this! But it was so nice to feel like I lived in more of a "home," and so great to spend time with them.