Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Our Country is Going Under

I am shocked and really don't know what to say. I had really felt good and was hopeful for Mitt Romney. I guess it was just the spirit I was feeling as I prayed for our country, and a reassurance that Heavenly Father is there, loves me, and cares about me.

To be honest, I am a little hurt. I know how hard the Romney's have worked on this campaign. Mitt is a GOOD, honest man with integrity and the best vision for our country that we've had in a candidate for a long time. I just wish America could see it. My deepest prayers for him and his family, and all those who were so involved in the campaign. Not sure if we will ever get another good man to run for President like he is. I deeply pray he doesn't take it personal. He IS what America needs, America just can't see it. My heart goes out to him. He had a good run.

I feel such loss and despair for our country. Kase is so good at staying emotionally detached and just realizing that it's really time to prepare. It just brings to life the scriptures:

Mosiah 29:26-27
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.
27 And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.
 
These truly are that last days. I pray for our country. My mom feels Obama is an evil man. Not sure if I quite feel that way, but I hate to say this...he is only President because he is black, plays on people's emotions, and has a way of twisting the truth into looking like it's something bad. I don't get it. Auto bail out? Give it a rest - it's not true. Lets take away more from the rich to give to the poor, so we can eventually have no more rich because they are no longer motivated to make money when it all gets taken away by the US anyway. Then what tax dollars do we have? He is a liar....I'll say it. Lets put more people on welfare, because they don't want to work. Tolerant America? Yes, because God is so tolerant of everything we do....sorry, I'm listening to Obama's speech right now....
 Anyway,  I just don't get it and never will. Not sure what kind of country my kids will grow up in, but it so important to stay close to the Lord. I just really really really pray for the Romney's and our country. 
We don't need someone who we can "relate" to to be our leader. We need an actual leader who has accomplished something in his life, who pushes us to be what we truly can be, who has a vision, who is a role model, who knows how to balance a budget, and who knows how to make hard decisions and lead. That is Mitt Romney.  I don't want my BFF leading the country....I want a leader leading the country. American's no longer ask "what they can do for their country." They ask "what their country can do for them."
 I still do believe in this though. As hard as it can be at times:
I have liberal friends who I just don't understand. But they are still children of God. They still live in this country. And I guess as a citizen of the U.S. and a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I am supposed to sustain the leaders of our country. I'm going to work on that...