I've never been a fan of blogging. In fact, I never really saw the point, when we have communication like phones, email, even facebook, etc. But I've been inspired. This past Christmas, my sister-in-law Makala gave her family a book with all of her blogs from the year 2010. It was way cool. Posts, pictures, etc. It was basically a family journal for the year 2010. I thought it was an awesome idea. Since I've always been terrible at journal writing and organizing pictures, I thought this would be a great way to do it all.
I'm also a big fan of hard copies. Technology is great, but it's always changing and I'm scared to rely on it for documents, pictures, etc. when it could either all come crashing down, or the technology will become so old I won't be able to access things I'd like to. I'm not the best with technology anyway. So I can print out our family journal every year in a beautiful book. Also, a blog can keep my friends and family updated on our lives, if they so desire. So anyway, the reason I'm doing a blog is for the records of my family. I hope that fact that others can see it will inspire me to make the best of it.
I had the idea this past Christmas, in order to keep myself and hopefully my kids one day centered around the real meaning of Christmas, that we can all give our Savior a gift at Christmas time - the gift that hopefully might require the most thought and effort. After all, he gave us His life and the Atonement - the ultimate gift we can receive. I think it will help motivate me to be a little better at something the next year, if I know it's a gift for my Savior Jesus Christ. And I think that will last much longer than a New Years Resolution. So, this is my gift to my Savior this past Christmas of 2011 - to keep better records of our lives (or my life) through this blog/journal to fulfill the counsel/commandment to do so. Now with all this motivation behind it, hopefully it will stay consistent. It will be slow at first, and maybe always will be, but I think it will be very rewarding and a great blessing to our family. So thank you, Makala, Jen, and other bloggers, for motivating me and encouraging me to do so.
No comments:
Post a Comment