Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Btween Homecoming & Aspen Grove

After the week in Dallas for the homecoming, we drove to Mesa. Homecoming was Sunday and we left Monday morning. We stopped in El Paso to see the Robalin's, and then headed to Mesa where we had a party for my parents with all the extended family. Everyone was so happy to see them, and my mom was SOOO happy to see most of her family :)

Thursday of that week, we drove to Flagstaff where Mom, Dad, Bryce, Brooke, Sage & Addison spent the night. Here are a few video clips from the car ride:




We picked up Kase from work and showed them a little bit of Flagstaff, ate some pizza, and called it a night. My Dad really likes Flagstaff, and always has. We got a little creative with sleeping arrangements, as our apartment only has 2 bedrooms but the second bedroom a huge pantry/storage room. Not much space for anyone to sleep. Since it's so nice here in Flagstaff in the summer, Kase and I slept on an air mattress on the front patio, while Brooke slept on an air mattress on the back patio. The rest were left to our bed and pads on the floor. Oh, and I think they brought an air mattress. I'm glad that between the bedroom, living room, and patio there is a big circle that the twins can run around, ha. And our large exercise equipment (which makes wonderful furniture in our front room...) made a great jungle gym for them to climb on. Our free weights were the only toys we had, and they loved it. Sage is in a Ms. Independent stage and won't let anyone help her with anything. She could spend all day in the bathroom washing her hands, and if you try to tell her otherwise or "help her," you'll get rejected pretty quick. My parents were so excited to be able to take the twins on a trip. Especially since they hadn't seen them for awhile. So fun!



They took off early the next morning to make it to my cousin Justin Romney's wedding in St. George. I would've loved to go (more so to see Robin and Kristin), but Kase couldn't and since I had been away from him for a week and a half, I wanted to be with him. On our drive up on Saturday to Aspen Grove, we took a few pit stops. There is a little town in Utah called Church Wells that Kase has always wanted to see. After having to use a "natural" restroom, we took a few pictures. Kase had never seen a horny toad before, and I can't remember if I ever have either. They are so funny when they move - it' almost like a waddle.



And of course in Church Wells, there had to be a street named Wells. There were other scriptural names also that were street names, although I think one of them was one of Satan's names....